Any question ?
We provide all services as typical specialized accountants do. With our firm, your file is managed by one person who will duly take care of all aspects. For specific tax issues, a tax specialist will support him or her to suggest the best option(s). This close internal collaboration allows us to detect, anticipate and solve most tax issues before they arise.
Our team ensures on a regular basis the input of the operations in the books of the company. Upon request, specific reporting can thus be provided quickly. The team also ensures that all legal and tax compliance work is carefully realized and filed, leaving you and the company all its resources available for your main center of interest.
In this respect, our services include:
CORPORATE AND TRUST SERVICES
In this respect, we offer the following services:
Our tax experts will assist you in order to optimize the transactions envisaged and to maximise the return of your project. Tax law is per se a domain in constant change. Our tax people are therefore continuously scrutinizing and analyzing changes in the legislation to ensure the proposed structure is compliant with all applicable rules so that it will remain the most efficient route to achieve your goal .
Our tax expertise covers:
- Tax consulting and compliance
- Structuring of investment vehicles, including private equity and investment clubs
- Consulting on restructuring projects such as merger, acquisition, relocation or liquidation of a corporate structure
- Tax advice in the field of :
- Luxembourg taxation
- International related tax matters
- Transfer tax and registration duties
- Liaison with the tax authorities
- Tax due diligence and compliance
- Relocation of individuals as well as of corporations to or from Luxembourg
- Assistance to impatriate individuals
- Structuring of salary packages
- Filing corporate tax & VAT returns or other specific tax form
- Drafting and filing of individual tax return
- Providing seminars and dedicated trainings on direct and indirect tax
RELOCATION TO LUXEMBOURG
- Individuals with EU citizenship
As the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a Member State of European Union and of Schengen area, all nationals of the European Union (EU) or an assimilated country benefit from free movement within the EU. This status gives him the right to live and work in any EU country, including Luxembourg.
- Non-EU individuals
The visa must be issued prior to travel to Luxembourg by a Luxembourg consulate or a representative diplomatic mission of Luxembourg. Obtaining this card guarantees free movement in Luxembourg, but also in all the countries of the Schengen area.
The Schengen agreement for free movement entered into force on 26th March 1995 and includes 22 EU Member States and 4 countries of EFTA. It was named after the Luxembourg village of Schengen. Where it was signed in 1985.
The residence permit granted in Luxembourg depends on the status of the non-EU national (employee, self-employed, student, researcher, professional sportsman, au pair, etc.). Family reunification is also subject to special treatment.
After a regular uninterrupted stay of 5 years in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, residents can apply for the right of permanent residence in Luxembourg. They can also acquire the right to vote in certain elections.
Golden visa or citizenship by investment
Any individual coming from outside EU who plans to make any of the following investments can apply for an investors’ residence permit:
- Business investment: the investor will contribute at least EUR 500.000 in a company that will count at least five employees,
- Management of assets: Investment of at least EUR 3 millions in a management and investment structure,
- Deposit at bank: this means a deposit of funds with a Luxembourg bank of at least EUR 20 millions and the investor commits to maintain such deposit for 5 years minimum.
The residence permit is issued initially to the investor and his family members for 3 years (which may be extended).
The residence permit granted to family members of foreign investors grants them the right to education, vocational and professional training, as well as the right to employment or self-employed work with free movement in the Schengen area.
Tax aspects of the relocation to Luxembourg
Since 1 January 2016, foreign tax resident individuals who immigrate to Luxembourg and become Luxembourg tax residents benefit from a favorable measure called “step up”. This means that at the day of entering the territory of Luxembourg, individuals will have their assets valued at market price. This value will be used as a reference to determine of any gain is realized in case of later transaction on such assets. Accordingly, this step up would provide for the non-taxation in Luxembourg of certain capital gains accrued in the country of origin of the individuals who immigrated to Luxembourg.
Since 1 January 2021 a new impatriate regime was set for qualifying employees, subject to certain conditions. This regime provides for some tax advantages including deduction of relocation costs and others such as school fees, accommodation costs, trip cost once a year from Luxembourg to the employee’s home country, and a 50 % exemption of the impatriate premium (with a cap at 30% of the employee annual salary base excluding benefit in kind and in cash). The impatriate premium is a lump sum allowance granted to compensate for the difference that these employees suffer between the cost of living in their country of origin and the cost of living in Luxembourg.
Such exemptions will last for the time of the employee’s assignment, and no longer than eight tax years following the year during which the employee started his employment in Luxembourg.